Remote Learning Software
Some services and vendors are offering resources for free. We've linked to many of them on our Remote Learning page, and want to provide additional detail here.
Licenses are now live for your entire learning community, with Newsela ELA, Newsela Social Studies, Newsela Science, and Social Emotional Learning.
- Teachers will see that their existing accounts (PRO or free) are automatically updated when they log in (they may need to logout and log back in).
- Teachers that do not have any type of existing license linked to your district, direct them to this link: Instant access for non-licensed teachers.
- Getting started with Newsela Toolkit
- Remote Teaching Toolkit
- Distance Learning Toolkit for Administrators
2. Text Set Assigning:
- Teachers can assign the entire collection/text set to their classes (not just individual texts!)
- Support articles/links on assigning/using text sets here:
- Newsela Class Text Set for Elementary Students
- Teach with Newsela: Text Sets (video)
- Text Sets and Collections
3. Tutorials to get started:
- Newsela ELA
- Video: Introducing Newsela ELA
- Video: How Newsela Works: Finding Content in Newsela ELA
- Newsela Social Studies
- Video: Introducing Newsela Social Studies
- Video: How Newsela Works: Finding Content in Newsela Social Studies
- Newsela Science
- Video: Introducing Newsela Science
- Video: How Newsela Works: Finding Content in Newsela Science
- Newsela Social Emotional Learning
- Guide: Newsela Social-Emotional Learning: Remote Learning Activities
To activate Screencastify Unlimited access, follow these instructions:
- Visit this page and click "Redeem coupon" (under the Next Billing Date)
- Enter code CAST_COVID
- Click "Activate License" (no credit card required). Ignore the Next Billing Date - that will be incorrect
Distance Learning Resources:
- A growing library of distance learning resources, covering both self-paced and teacher-led learning, click here for full access to SMART Learning Suite online at no cost.
- Getting Started with Distance Learning – SMART Learning Suite Online
Exploring the many ways to deliver live and asynchronous lessons to students at home with SMART Learning Suite Online.
- Ready? Set. SMART – Professional Learning Webinars
Webinars to fast track teachers as they prepare for remote learning.
- Facebook Watch Party – Ask Questions and Receive Live Support